Monday, April 20, 2009

Short film (first blocking pass)

Wow.. it's been a while since I last posted something. Anyway, no excuses.. I was just lazy and didn't had anything worth while to show you guys.

So I've started the the last class of animation mentor. I got my layout done for this film last term (my mentor was Mike Gasaway, who I still knew from my time at DNA..) and now I'm actually animating this sucker.. My mentor this time is Keith Sintay and he is probably one of the funniest mentors I've had so far.

This is my first blocking pass and there are a couple of things that are going to be changed/fixed.



So the things that need to be changed:
- I really don't like the final expression/emotion change in shot 12 (so linear and crappy), I still need to work a lot on that one..

- The cut from shot_09 to 10 isn't working to well yet, I have to go in there and see how I can make that better.

- I'm really starting to dislike the straightening of his shirt on shot_03, and I'm actually thinking of cutting that and going directly in pushing up the glasses. It all feels a bit to forced to me.. to much going on.

- I want to have a bit more of a dissapointed moment after he hangs up the phone in shot_05.. it feels a bit to rushed at that moment. So the frames that I'm going to cut from shot_03 will be added to this shot..


I've only got 8 more weeks to finish it, so wish me luck :)
I know I can't get all these shots to the quality that I want in 8 weeks, but I'm pretty happy with the amount of blocking I've got done in only 3 weeks.

Anyway, thanks for reading and hope to have a new update on this sucker soon.. C ya!

1 comment:

Robert Pettersson said...

Damn man! This looks so nice. Can't wait to see another update. Keep rocking dude!